We are a small band of bird lovers who will be traveling the front range to identify as many species as possible on May 16-17, 2021.
Birdathon is one of Denver Audubon’s major fundraisers. It’s kind of like a walkathon, but we count birds instead of walking laps. Denver Audubon has an ambitious goal of raising $40,000, please help us. You can pledge a certain amount per species (anything from $0.25 to $10.00 per species), or a lump sum of whatever denomination you feel comfortable.
Proceeds from this event fund Denver Audubon’s mission of “Inspiring actions that protect birds, other wildlife, and their habitats through education, conservation, and research” through:
• School Programs: reaching over 1,500 individual students annually, with single-session and year-long programs.
• Programs for Adults: over 150 field trips and classes annually in addition to more in-depth education with programs including: Beginning Birdwatching, Master Birders, and Audubon Naturalist Training.
• Audubon Nature Center at Chatfield: Public programs, family events, and adult classes at the Center reach thousands of children and adults each year complementing classroom activities offered at the schools.
• Conservation: The Conservation Committee works with the legislature and other environmental organizations on key issues affecting birds, other wildlife, and habitats.
• Research: Lois Webster Fund offers grants to support education and research focusing on Colorado’s non-game wildlife